Friday 28 October 2022
New Thematic Factsheet on the Reopening of Domestic Judicial Proceedings Following the European Court's Judgments
Thursday 27 October 2022
- preventing violations through effective national implementation of the Convention (extending awareness-raising of, and training on, the Convention system)
- improving domestic remedies
- facilitating the domestic application of the Convention and relevant case law of the Court
- 'improving verification of the compliance of draft laws, existing laws and administrative practices with the Convention
- improving parliamentary involvement
- strengthening the role of National Human Rights Institutions and civil society organisations
- promoting experience sharing, enhancing co-operation programmes with the Council of Europe
- and considering the ratification of Protocol No. 16 to the Convention (concerning requests for advisory opinions).
- strengthen domestic capacity for rapid and effective remedial action and coordination structures
- improve the publication and dissemination of information on the execution of judgments of the Court
- ensure that remedies are fully effective in the execution context
- enhance efforts to deal with technical and other obstacles regarding the execution of the Court’s judgments
- and promote stakeholder participation in the execution process.'
Tuesday 25 October 2022
Friday 21 October 2022
Thursday 20 October 2022
Wednesday 19 October 2022
Current Court President Robert Spano is in his last few weeks at the helm of the European Court of Human Rights. To look back at his presidency of the Court over the last 2.5 years, he has been interviewed this month by professor Mikael Rask Madsen, the director of iCourts at the University of Copenhagen. The interview, following a similar earlier one done in 2020, provides a broad panorama of the Court and it's case-law and is partly based on questions collected from ECHR experts across Europe. Well worth to watch this interview video!
Friday 14 October 2022
Tuesday 11 October 2022
Monday 10 October 2022
Sunday 9 October 2022
Monday 3 October 2022
All factsheets, on a wide range of issues, can be found here.