The Conference will be held on Friday 14 November 2008, 9am-5pm, in the Great Hall, Trent Building, University of Nottingham.For further information about this event and registration details, please visit the European Human Rights Law Unit. This is the link.
This Conference will cover issues that will be of interest to academics, students and practitioners alike, highlighting and addressing the following challenges facing the European Convention System:
- Terrorism and the European Convention on Human Rights, by Egbert Myjer, Judge of the European Court of Human Rights;
- The Behrami case: Questions of Jurisdiction and Attribution for UN Action in Kosovo, by Marko Milanovic, University of Cambridge and formerly Associate, Belgrade Centre for Human Rights;
- Islam and the European Convention: The Refah and Sahin cases, by Professor Dominic McGoldrick, University of Liverpool;
- Russian Cases before the European Court of Human Rights, by Sergei Golubok, Lawyer, European Court of Human Rights Registry;
- The European Court of Human Rights’ Approach to Overruling its own Precedents, by Professor Alastair Mowbray, University of Nottingham.
Wednesday 8 October 2008
Conference on ECHR
The University of Nottingham's Human Rights Law Centre is organising a conference for academics and legal practitioners on topical issues concerning the ECHR. This is the announcement:
Geplaatst door Antoine Buyse